How to Make Turmeric Latte
Turmeric is that delicious spice that has so many healing properties. Turmeric is also known as a natural anti-inflammatory compound and this property fights almost all modern diseases.
However, few have known to use turmeric as an ingredient for drinks. It has the same benefits, it’s as equally delicious as in food and it’s a new, unconventional way of making a drink.
Turmeric latte recipe
This recipe is not your usual “good morning” coffee or the regular latte you order in the coffee shops or restaurants. Apart from being extremely healthy and beneficial for you, the following turmeric latte recipe is as amazingly delicious as it is healthy. You will enjoy every sip of it and your body will benefit too. Simple to prepare, tasty to consume and something new to experience. Bottoms up!
- 1 Tbsp. fresh, grated turmeric root
- *2 tsp turmeric paste- to make the paste you mix two tsp of turmeric powder with 1 tsp of boiling water. You can store the extra in the fridge.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger root or 1 tsp ground
- Pinch of black pepper- optional
- Raw honey or sweetener- optional
Add the coconut milk or almond milk in a saucepan and warm it. It shouldn’t boil, just warm it up before you add the ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. Then, add coconut oil and heat until the mixture is melted.
You can use a wire whisk or a blender to make a foam, heat for a little while until frothy. Add the raw honey or sweetener if you want and decorate your latte with cinnamon. Enjoy your one of a kind latte recipe!